Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday's Suggestions

I read about this awhile ago on another blog, but didn't have a chance to try it out until this week.  I started a little wall hanging from Angie's but when it was sort of completed there was a problem.  You couldn't really see the flame on the candles.

On Erin's blog she gave a suggestion on using coloured pencils.  (You may have to scroll down a bit)  I took out four pencils...........


and played around until I had what I wanted.  Now I can see the flame.  Not perfect, but it will do as no one will probably be standing that far back from the wall hanging when its done.  Its going in the kitchen.  That will be a big poinsettia at the bottom when its completed.




Now for tip #2....................what do these three things have to do with one another?  Okay two you can guess, but the third?


Don't want to loose that bobbin that is full of thread?  Try this as a temporary solution.


Its a skewer cut down and as you can see I have a few of them................



Okay here is the last thing I bought at The Hobby Horse the other day.  This is just the most perfect thing for my family.  The panel comes from the fabric capital of Denmark -- a town called Herning -- and Karl's brother lives there. 





These little hearts on the panel are just like the ones Karl's Dad and I made many years ago when we visited.

I think I'll pop over to Angie's and download the directions and make some more this year for the tree.





Search This Blog