Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday's musings......................

Well, the young lady came over Friday night.  We watched a movie and then it was bed time.  She was given a quilt to cover herself with and then was told she could take it home.  She was very happy.

Saturday we were up around 8:00 and Morgan requested waffles for breakfast.  Grandpa obliged.  We had a little tiny bottle of pure maple syrup and I put that on her placemat.  She didn't use it up, so its here for when she comes back later in the month.

First of all we mixed up the batch of sugar cookies.  While they were chilling in the fridge, Morgan made up her Mars Bars Treats.  Talk about a memory.  She asked me for the 1/2 cup butter and then started to unwrap the 4 bars.  She put them in the bowl, popped them into the microwave and then set it going.  I don't have to help with these again.

I did the first rolling of the dough.  I have a marble counter top and a marble rolling pin.  The "pin" is kind of heavy for a 10 year old.  Morgan put her apron on and started cutting.





























She chose which cookie cutters she wanted to use and I just let her go for it.  It was her day. 

This picture I just liked because it shows how much she really got into it.  I love the flour up the arms.


She picked out the red and green sprinkles for the decorating.  I have little flour shakers and we put green in one and then the red in the other.  It worked beautifully.  "You know Grandma if you have so many boy cookies, you have to have so many girl cookies."  Same number of stars and trees.  She was very happy with her work and took half the batch home which I would think may be gone by now.
By the way, Morgan did get the hang of the rolling pin.  She said it was heavy so I'll buy a lighter one, she can use when she is here.  We'll make more sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, Easter, whenever.

 Here are the results of the day.  Grandpa's cookies had no sprinkles on them.  I guess she thought it would be way too much sugar for him.  I noticed his little tiny plate of cookies is nearly gone.  I, on the other hand, still have a lot left.  Who is the cookie-holic in our house?








Search This Blog