Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's time to give back

I live in a great town. 





The people that live here and work here are some of the best and we can enjoy anything you can think of you.  It is time to give to those less fortunate.
I'm not posting this in hopes of praise from you and I don't want a pat on the back.  This is our way of saying "thanks" for the life we are able to live.  Some folks are less fortunate and children should never suffer due to a parent not able to work or unable to find work.  This town has a lot of people that are forgotten while we go about our daily lives.

We took my rolls of quilts down the other day as the one I wanted was of course on the bottom.  Aren't they always?  While they were down off the shelf I decided to go through them.  I made piles and when I was done these were the "left-overs".
A challenge quilt for the Guild


A practice quilt for a workshop

A BOM from the Guild

A practice quilt for Peter and Heather's Anniversary Quilt
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I like this one better!

A new pattern idea

I won this and now a baby can stay warm with it
All these quilts are going to Healthy Babies, Healthy Children an organization in assocation with Halton Region.  I know they will be used.

The last quilt is going to my quilt shop up in Georgetown for their cancer care programme. 


This quilt I made to try out my hand applique

I am definitely not the only one to donate my quilts to charity.  Two girls on my quilting forum have been donating this Christmas too.  Our Guild has a large outreach programme.

I have to get started on next year's supply after Christmas.  Baby quilts..............I love making them.




Search This Blog