Thursday, November 25, 2010

The unveiling......................

What is underneath the brown paper bag?
This was originally intended for a friend.  However, my friend is unable to exchange gifts this year















So that got me to thinking.  Why not make another one and give them to my girls?


So I did. 

These are pot holders for their kitchens...............not just decorative, but usuable.  I looked through my favourite book...............

and found the pattern.  I make mine slightly different as I love to add buttons to the corners.  I cut my bidning 2 1/2" by the width of the fabric.  I start in the top left corner and sew all the way around.  Once I get to the end I measure 10 inches and trim away the rest.  I tuck under the end and folding it in thirds I hand sew the rest of the binding.  I then form a loop and sew on the button.
All the families have treasures from this book.  The pop bottle Santa, the cones, my MIL received the towel which was returned to me when she passed away, and I made one little hanging.  I should make them for my girls too.

One month today is Christmas Day. 





                                                               
Are you getting ready?


Search This Blog