Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Two down..........how many to go?

On Saturday, I got down to business about finishing up that Christmas list.  I did a bit of machine quilting on Taylor's quilt and then took a break.  I had the label for the Gecko wall hanging made so all I had to do was press some Steam a Seam on the back and then press that to back of the wall hanging.  Took me seconds.  Why did I procrastinate? 
I don't often use this method to put on my labels.  Most have borders and then sewn down.  For a wall hanging that may never see a washing machine, this is faster and easier.

I roll my quilts on swimming pool noodles.  I cut them to lengths or just leave them full size.  Ya, right I cut them!  Let's give Karl some credit here.  He does all my workshop stuff.   This takes a saw or so I thought.  You could probably cut them with an electric knife.  Something I don't think I have, but I could be wrong.  I don't carve the meat either.  So now you're thinking what does she know?  Not much when it has something to do with cutting, unless its a steak of course.











Once I have decided on a length, I roll batting around them first.  I use 100% cotton batting.  Nothing with anything in it, like fusible batting.  Not even ones with scrim.
Then I roll muslin around it.  I tie them off at the ends with left over fabric.
 Then I roll whatever quilt needs to  be rolled.   I've used this small size for different things.  It is great for carrying blocks to the quilt shop when you need sashings and borders.

I have completed number 2 and it is in the Christmas gift box.  It will be posted on Saturday.

  The next three days are dedicated to Remembrance Day. 
Tomorrow is Lt. Wm. Turner, my cousin's son, who lost his life in Afghanistan.


 

Search This Blog