Friday, November 26, 2010

Table favours -- done!

Wednesday night while watching television I finished up the knitting on the table favours.  I started these a few years ago and in the middle of them, changed my mind.  The pattern came from an old Country Woman magazine.  Their craft website I visit occasionally and yesterday was kind of happy I did.  I found a scarf to knit....................for myself.................to go with my sweater. 

I only made five.  The "big" people are not getting the mitts.  Girls are getting the potholders and the guys are getting their bags of pistachios and salted peanuts. 


Each mitt contains 4 Hershey's kisses, two candy canes and a cute little penquin we found at Michaels yesterday.  Two are standing on gifts and three are on candy canes. 

I really wanted snowmen, but couldn't find enough and what you do for one, you do for them all.  It doesn't matter if they are eighteen or ten, it has to be the same.  I'll take these along to the restaurant and give them out ~~ after dinner.  Or perhaps everyone will come back here for dessert and they can have them then. 

I thought of making a trifle for the adults and then these for the kids...................Faux Fries.  I think they'll get a kick out of it.  They could have some trifle to go with it.  I love trifle.  Absolutely love it!

If you need a template for a french fry box you can click here for one.



Search This Blog