Saturday, November 13, 2010

Number 2 ~~ as promised

I did the last set of pillowcases.  These are for Peter and Heather and they match the quilt they are getting.


Peter's birthday is December 20th and Heather's is the 24th.  As they are getting their quilt on Christmas Day I thought we should really give them something on their birthdays.  (The quilt covers anniversary, birthdays and Christmas.)  Heather will get the flowers.

Seeing as I still had fabric left over I decided to make a storage bag.  I don't like this line of fabric, but you've heard me whine about that before, so I'm not going to bore you again.  To make matters worse I double ordered the stuff.  It has to go....................................


I cut the fabric 38" by the width. I barely cut the selvedge edges off. I then took the material to the serger and sewed across the bottom first and then down the side.





 When this was all done, I decided to make a "pocket" bottom.  I have no other word for it.  I lined up the seam from the bottom and the side.  I measured in 1 1/2" , pinned it and then stitched across.













When you open it up you can see the wide bottom and it should make it easier to store.  I turned the top down 6" and they can either tuck the top or leave it visible on the shelf so they know what quilt is inside.  If they so choose they can tie it.  Guess I better make a tie to go with it.  More work.  I should stop thinking, it would make my life so much easier.


Search This Blog