Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not on the list......................

Get Taylor's quilt sandwiched and quilted
Finish the backing of Morgan's quilt and get it quilted
Make pillowcases for Peter and Heather, only two, two are done
Put the label on the Gecko wall hanging
Make placemats
Make an apron
Make table favours
Get Karl's gift done
Bind a quilt that is at the long-arm quilters
Find something special to make for someone special

Well, here is one that wasn't on the list.  When I made the gecko wall hanging for Haiti, I didn't like it.  I decided to do it another way and then went back to the original.  I have this problem sometimes about indecisiveness.  Its also called being a perfectionist.

On the 12th of the month two of my grands came over and we worked on Cody's denim jacket sewing on the flashes he had just purchased.  (This jacket used to be his Dad's and is he proud of it.)  Anyway, he saw these geckos on the flannel wall and with a smile on his face told me they were "cool".  Ah-ha!  An idea formed.  Lets give them to Code's for Christmas.  Black -- he l-o-v-e-s black..............is that a teen-ager thing?  I had a piece of black in the sewing room and I tried it out. 

I put the geckos on and walked away, went back later, took a look and decided after doing this for a full day that I liked it..................I was like Mikey, I really liked it.  (Does anyone else remember that commercial from years ago?  My gosh it dates me!) 

I sewed the backing for the wallhanging together and discovered my memory had failed me.................again!  I made it too small.  I brought it upstairs to show Karl.  I was laughing  ~~ a lot!  He said to me, what letter is that?  My word the man is a genius!

I had to add so why not make it a letter...................the letter "C".  I added more white and then more of the guitar fabric.  This is left-over from Cody's pillowcase he was given for no special reason in early spring.

















Then it was off to my favourite thread store.  I wanted black thread on a cone for machine quilting.  They didn't have any.  They had run out, but look what they did have.


As soon as Christine found it on the shelf, I knew this was the one. Look at all the delicious variegated threads from YLI.  I would love to have the whole collection.


Here it is.  All done.  I love the way it looks.  On either side for that matter.

                                                  













Search This Blog