Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Monday, November 22, 2010

My far away quilt shop

We went off for a drive last week.  Shucks at the end of the drive was my far away quilt shop.........The Hobby Horse.  I wanted a couple of things............cost me more than a couple of dollars.

I was looking for a quilting book for the new BOM our quilting forum is doing.  They didn't have it, so I decided to go with a book I already had and forgotten about.  It is called Quilter's Dozen Plus and it is from Scraps of Time.  (I shouldn't have looked at their website!)

I liked this book as soon as I saw it years ago, but didn't want to do a big quilt. I've decided to do it monthly and hang the "quiltlets" on my front door.  Puts a bit of pressure on to have them done by the first of each month, but when Christmas is over I'm sure I can do it. 

I'm not doing the fancy stuff around the edges.  Just the wall hanging.  I would if it was going to be a quilt, but this is for the front door and a small panel will do just fine.

The reason I love this book is because Canadians can use it as well as our friend in the U.S.A.  As our Thanksgivings are in different months I sometimes find it very hard when November comes around.  I have to switch their  November month to October and then I can't find anything for November.  These two months are pretty much interchangeable in this book.

Of course, I bought some fabric, but I couldn't remember which it was when it came time to take the photo.  It was already washed and in the Nancy Halvorsen pile




by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF