Monday, November 1, 2010

Introducing "Nancy"

I'm in debt.  Not a lot, but enough to loose my old age pension for the next few months.  I went to my personal finance person for a loan ~~ which he kindly gave me, interest free to boot.

 I have a Betsy....................she is the best sewing machine I have ever purchased.  She was the third one I bought (first a Singer, then a Kenmore) many, many years ago.  It just keeps going and going and going.................like that Everyready battery. 



I hope I don't regret saying that.


Then two years ago I bought a Sapphire.  Karl said it would never be as good as my first one, but I thought he was wrong.  I don't think it was right from the start, but I kept working it until it gave up last week.  Don't get me wrong.  I like the machine.  It has a thread cutter, the foot goes down when I step on the gas, so many features but they should have kept some of the basics of the #1 when they kept producing machine model after machine model.
Husqvarna told us they asked quilters what they wanted.  They never asked me.  I won't give this machine up, I'll just not quilt on it anymore. 









Now this is the new little gem in the sewing room.  Once I find its spot it won't be moved!  This gal is a bit on the heavy side.  Her name is Nancy rhyming with "financy".  Thanks to Betty for that name. 

I really can't wait to try her out.  Its going to take some time to get used to her.  Now I can quilt up all those small quilts that have been hanging in the cupboard.  Three for this Christmas and my two oldest "boys" will each get one for their new house.

This is the front............................
and this is the back.

Okay, I've tried it.  I really like it.  Stitches perfectly and with more practice................every day...........it will get better and better.  I know it will.

Thanks so much Linda for the recommendation.  This machine is more like my #1 that is pure gold in my book.

 

                                         

My sincere apologies to Judi.  I meant to thank her for the recommendation, not Linda.  I'm sorry Judi.

Search This Blog