One day of work, work, work and I have the top and the backing ready for the baby quilt. I changed the pattern (well of course I did). I just can't leave well enough alone. Okay, okay, you want the truth, I couldn't be bothered to cut all those 2 1/2" squares from scrap fabric and then sew them back together again. Karl gave his two cents worth too and said there would be more thread than fabric. I had to agree.
This is the yellow border. I cut it 1 1/2" wide so it left me with a one inch border. I originally cut it larger, but it tended to take over the entire quilt. The focal point is not the yellow.
I love this turquoise. I have a lot of it left over and I'm thinking of using it in something I can keep. There is a great pattern that you could actually use for the quilting lines. I have to get my cap on!
Okay, here it is! The backing. You can make your own story up about what the chicken is doing with the caterpillar. He isn't going to eat it..............that I know..............he is putting it someplace safe so no one can step on it.
This is it! It measures 36" x 42" and will be bound with the yellow fabric. I know its going to be a test to centre the backing, but I have a method in my head that I hope will work. Tomorrow is find out day!
I have been doodling around with how I want to quilt the animals. They must stay put for many washings so I'll do some free motion work on them. Each one will be done in their own colour. I don't want the quilting to dominate.
This is the idea I came up with for the bunny. The chicken is going to have "feathers", the lamb I'm going to stipple and the goose...................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, still thinking although feathers do seem right for them.
I may transfer the quilting lines to Press 'n Seal and then place that over the animals. I may get my courage up and just "go for it". Once you have stitched through
Steam-a-Seam, its mighty hard to get the stitching marks out. I have tonight to think about it.