We didn't use anything fancy to make it. Black cotton and white cotton batting. She designed the white part and from that I made a pattern. I sewed the two tale pieces together and then on one side I fused some black interfacing. To the other side I fused a piece of batting. Then we drew the white part onto fusible web and fused that to the white cotton batting. We cut it out and applied it to the right side of the tail.
Once we had that done, I carefully stuffed some poly stuffing in just to give it some "puff". Once I was happy with it, I took it to the sewing machine and just sewed the inner part. We closed it up across the bottom and then I just slip-stitched. It looked really good when it was done.
On Sunday right after lunch we headed out for a drive into the country. Our destination was Webster's Falls. We have heard a lot about it over the years and included a stop there on our way to the apple orchard. We have run out of apples again.
The colours are just about done for this area. It was a bit disappointing.
This tree was glorious with its yellow leaves and then we saw this beech tree. It was huge! I sure couldn't put my arms around it.
Look at the length of its branches. Amazing.
It was a fantastic day. Next week-end...................its either Orangeville for a quilt show or Niagara on the Lake for our day trip. It all depends on the weather of course.