Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday's trials and tribulations

Awhile ago, Tracy (aka Fiberbabble) sent me some fabric up from the shop she works in for a project I was thinking of doing.  This is the one.............well sort of.  I'm only planning on doing one strip.
It is from Fat Cat patterns.  I thought it would look great on a wall at Grace Children's Hospital.

Well, I made one. Not too fond of it.  The green just doesn't cut it for me.  Its too limey or something.  I just can't put my finger on it.

















I took out my box of landscape fabrics and honestly thought this would work.  NOT!  Its way too busy, but it was a good thought.  Geckos frollicking on rocks. 
 Then I thought blue............not this one, I couldn't find the one I wanted.  It was a summer sky blue.  I've probably used it up.  This shade is too dark and I didn't like it either.  Boy am I hard to please or what?

I knew I had a piece of fabric that sort of looks like bark on a tree.  I dug that out too.  Maybe if the geckos were a different colour it would work, but heck I've already done them twice and not only am I running out of fabric but my Steam a Seam is running low too.
I thought I had it with this background.  I don't like it either.  Its too dull and boring.  I'm back to the drawing board.  I'm auditioning another fabric up on the tree bark.  Maybe when the three of them are there it will make a difference.  I'm trying it in different lights too.  I have no idea where it will hang so it has to work anywhere. 












 I am just about out of fabrics that have width and length.  I better find something soon.
Next week if I have a sewing machine, I'll start to get on with things.  I have been using my old machine, but I'm just not as comfortable quilting on it as I am on the Sapphire.


Search This Blog