Friday, October 22, 2010

I was shopping...............again

I was on Facebook and saw that if you "clicked here" or some such thing you could get free shipping to Canada from Hancocks.  I cannot resist free!  I told Karl I was ordering backings for quilts.  I have two that need them and nothing, absolutely nothing I have in my stash will work.......................partially true.

Our youngest granddaughter saw this hanging in the basement sewing room and loved it.  This will be her Christmas quilt.  This was made from fat quarters I had purchased from Connecting Threads awhile back.
I had this in my stash from something else -- I think Jungle Babies -- and it works well for the binding.

So when I saw this flannel, I figured it would look good on the back.  I sure hope I'm not wrong.  She is like her older sister and loves blue and I think there is enough blue in it, to keep her happy.  I just have to come up with a quilting design...................with blue thread.

I also needed a backing for my Row by Row that I did from Fat Cat.  I wanted a Nancy Halvorsen and when I saw this 108" wide fabric on sale, I couldn't let it stay in Kentucky.



There was this panel which I found after I had seen

this bird fabric.  Karl made a bird feeder years ago that is in the front yard.  Close enough to the blue spruce for the birds to have protection, close enough to the house so we can watch them.  We have chick-a-dees and cardinals all year long.  We just saw the first of the juncos which means fall is definitely here.  They are native to Ontario.  Go north for the summer, this is their winter ground.









I wanted two more fabrics and I liked the looks of this green and then there was 
















this lovely cream.  I only ordered 1 yard of each as I have no idea how I'm going to make it up. 

The later fabrics are all from Clothworks.  It is their Birds and Berries collection designed by Barb Tourtilloutte.

Just a little addition from Wednesday's post.  Our speaker was really good last night.  I had no money to buy anything, (I bought pretty paper in the afternoon) but at some point in her presentation she mentioned that Quilt Source Canada carries her patterns.  That means The Hobby Horse in Georgetown carries them.  The picture does not do this quilt justice and I would take out the centre and just do the blocks.  I have my own colour scheme in mind......reds and greens for Christmas or how about Easter or a pretty summer quilt.  The possibilities are endless.  Charleen bought a pattern called East meets West. I would never have picked up this pattern, but when you saw what Brenda did with it, you changed your mind quite quickly.





Search This Blog