I decided on Monday to get my postcards done for the fall swap. I worked most of the day on them, and they are pretty much finished. I have to write a little note on each one, pop them in envelopes and get them off. I can do that by the end of the week. I am w-a-y ahead of time on these. I'm patting myself on the back over this one.
I took the pattern and reduced it down to fit a recipe card as they are 4" x 6" and that is the size I needed. I'm sorry I checked out their website and it no longer exists. Guess I better hold onto this pattern.
I keep forgetting to tell you. I have my thimbles from my thimble swap. They finally made it all the way here from Texas. They are fantastic. When I get home, I'm going to make the wallhanging and then fuse them down. I'm hoping to use two shades of green for the backing and the borders. I hope it works.
If it works, all the thimbles will go on the light green. I'll play with it a bit yet when I get some time.............time I wish I could find more of it.
We found the patterns for the thimbles on Fat Cat.
Now what was my problem yesterday?
I re-traced the body only to put it on the backing and I didn't like it. I ran out of this fabric trying and I had stolen it from another project. Could be in trouble there.
Karl's opinion was sought. He was a big help. He told me to walk away and forget it. Like that was going to happen. It would have gnawed away at me for the entire evening.
I started to dig out fabrics and the coral worked! I rather like it. Then I didn't like the caterpillar. It faded away and as the quilt is called "Watching the Caterpiller" I thought you should be able to see it easily.
I have all the blanket stitching to do now. I may get a start on it, I hope I do. Then its the borders and then its the quilting.
It should be done by October 8th. Oh, maybe the baby will be late.