Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Monday....................

We came home, we had a couple of good hours at home and next day I got up with a virus.  I am not amused!  Dry hacky cough, fever, headache (really rotten one), two days in bed so far and absolutely no ambition. 

I did however, start my swap project yesterday.  It is suppose to go out in this week's mail so its sort of like a "top priority" as it is headed quite a distance.  The swap is on my quilting forum and its for Halloween.  I did it last year and enjoyed doing the witches theme.  This was last year's.



This year its goblins, ghouls and ghosties!  I don't know how to draw a goblin or a ghoul so I opted for ghosts. I knew the theme before we left on holidays so I picked up the background fabric while I was away.  I knew the pattern I was using too.  I've had it for quite awhile.................its an old one I taught years ago.   It is a haunted house with -- well, you can see what all is there.

I decided to do a part of it.  I did the house of course on the lime green with purple and turquoise spots on it.  (The purple on it is perfect for the name I got.)  Then I added a few ghosts.  I didn't put the interfacing on the back of the white fabric this time.  Ghosts are suppose to be see through, aren't they?  That's why you can see the house behind them. 

I sewed around the house and then the ghosts.  Then I did the machine quilting.


It is just meandering with four ghosts flying about.
I now have the binding cut and ready to sew together.  I should have it all completed by tonight.  It shouldn't have taken me this long, but it has.  Once this is done, I can work on my baby quilt that is due by
October 8th.  I also have a backing to sew together.

A man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done.

Til tomorrow............................







Search This Blog