Saturday, August 7, 2010

Which would you choose?

I am working away on my log cabin blocks   -- slowly -- and took a break to check out Facebook.  I follow Quilting Gallery and each week they have a contest.  This week it's Log Cabin........

check these out.  I had some troubles voting, but decided on ?????

http://quiltinggallery.com/2010/08/06/vote-now-log-cabin-quilts/


No, I'm not telling until Monday.

Here are my next 2 blocks.  I'm not going to tell you the names or the numbers.  That is going to ruin the fun for Julia who runs our BOM.  You will have to wait until they come out at Guild for those of you that are in our Guild.  For the others, if you want to email me, I will let you know.  They will all appear again here as Julia gives out the numbers during our Guild year. 

I made this block in the morning.  I wasn't going to use a print around the centre green, but the green I had chosen wasn't working.......it blended in and you couldn't get a distinction between the two or figure out what the block was suppose to be.





I don't know whether you can see the centre of this block.  I have this beautiful fabric that has butterflies on it.  I have fussy cut two now and placed them in the centres of two different blocks.  I think with all the work I'm doing on these blocks, I may just have to keep the final outcome.







This block I finished up tonight.  I had a green in that I didn't like, so I took it out and replaced it.  Fortunately it was the last one before the corners, so it didn't take much.  One of the prints is rather pretty and has something to do with the name of the block.  That's the only hint you are getting!













These blocks all vary in size.  It is going to be a challenge to work them in and I think that may be part of the fun.  Once I have them all done, I'm going to work on figuring it out and then tuck them away until I need to take them into Guild.  Come next May I will put it all together in time for our June meeting.  If luck is on my side I may even have it quilted!


This link will take you to a free tutorial on paper piecing.................all kinds of paper piecing.

Thanks to "betweens" for letting me know.

Til Monday............................


Search This Blog