Thursday, August 26, 2010

Its done now........................

Yesterday I told you that there was a problem with my "finished" row by row quilt. 

Take a look at mine above and then Irene's.  Slight difference isn't there?



I couldn't believe (well, yes I could) how stupid I was.  I had written to Sindy for the border sizes to make sure I had enough fabric.  I didn't and only ordered what I needed.  Even that didn't click!  Told you -- stupid!  One of those many days I'm having lately.

Well, I'm happy to say I now have my borders on................took me two days because in between I was baking and doing laundry.  I'm trying to get some baking done on the cool days we are having.......well had.  Its back to that rotten humidity.


It was great doing a BOM.  I like them.  You do so much a month and then put away.  No pressure to get them done.
I have no idea who is getting this quilt.  Karl and I put it away on a hanger for now.  Its not a priority -- it was just something I wanted to do.

If you go back and look at Irene's you will see she added the hearts to the gingerbread men.  I'm going to see if I can find some heart buttons to attach after the machine quilting is done.  I wanted different textures on this quilt and I achieved that.  The snowmen, the penquins and the Santas all have different types of fabric.  Add the buttons for just that little bit more.  When it gets back from the LA next spring, I'll post a final photo.  I'm waiting for Christmas fabric to go on sale.  The quilt measures about 83" x 83" so I'm going to need a lot................about 7 yards I think.  I'll be checking Hancock's for that amount.

I told you I would post my Christmas Punch recipe.  Another one from Company's Coming.  We love this one.

Christmas Punch

2L of Cranberry Cocktail (8 3/4 cups)
340 ml frozen concentrated lemodnade, thawed (12 oz)
2L lemon-lime soft drink  (8 3/4 cups)

Lime slices, orange slices, maraschino cherries, for garnish

Stir cranberry cocktail, concentrated lemonade and lemon-lime soft drink together in punch bowl.  float fruit slices or cherries on top.  Makes 18 cups.


Today is my mammogram day.  Have you had your's this year?  A few minutes of inconvenience could save your life.  I know -- it did mine.

Search This Blog