Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm a lucky gal!

I'm going to share with you the wonderful presents I got for my birthday.  I'll start with the gift cards.................
thank you to Susan and my son's family I now see a laptop in my future.



My granddaughters spent time making their gifts.  The drawings are beautiful and will be put away for safe keeping.
Our daughter always makes up a "basket" of goodies and this year was no exception.  Cosy new slippers, new nail polish, a new puff and some Dove.............going to love that in the shower


and a new pair of "jammies" that were washed and out on the line this morning.  Love the colours.  Bright pink, white, orange and red.  Karl may have to put blinders on! 




My girlfriend dropped over and gave me the most beautiful bracelet.  It will go with two of the outfits I wear a lot in the summer..............one is brown the other is turquoise. 



My friend Barb, gave me a choice for my present after they took me out for dinner.  I owe them BIG time.  I could have a Bendable Light for my machine, or a fusible quilt bat.  I didn't say no to the light and Karl attached it today.  I also came home with the bat.  I'm storing it for her......LOL

This is my gift from my secret sister.  It is a little wallhanging  which is going to hang in my sewing room and a beautiful pin that says Cheers!  I have several of these now and I'm going to make something for them to hang on so I get to see them everyday.  I have something designed on EQ and a few pieces of fabric she has sent me, so I'll use those too.

I have saved this posting for a few days as I knew another parcel was on the way.  It came yesterday.  Our mail was on hold while we were away so this was a wonderful surprise when we came in from grocery shopping.

This is from my friend Paws in Illinois.  When Karl and I looked at the card, we thought Betty had made it.  The puppy looks just like "Abby", her yellow lab.  The kit will make a beautiful casserole cover.  Yep, another project for me to complete and complete it I will. 









This was totally unexpected.  This is from another friend who happens to live in Phoenix, Arizona.  Her name is Bearfoot, aka Barb.  Three fat quarters, one cupcake pincushion and a needle case.
Turning 65 is pretty all right!

No one took my photo on my birthday.............it never crosses my family's mind to do that............so I took my own.

not good, not bad.

Til tomorrow............................


Search This Blog