What a great week-end I had. I accomplished so much on Saturday. It doesn't look like it, but I sure feel good today.
First up, I have my Jungle Babies back from my LA. She did a beautiful job..............don't you agree?
I wanted paws all over the quilt. Every animal has paws so I thought this would be appropriate.
I made the label just before I got the quilt back. I scanned a piece of the fabric from the border, then using the "watermark" feature on Word, I typed all the information on the label. I didn't print very much, just basic info., as the people of Haiti speak Creole and I know not a word of their language.
Everything is done. The sleeve is on, the label is on and the binding is on. Its going on the binding pile and I'll take all the quilts away with me, to sit and sew in the evenings. Then I'll give the quilt to Dr. Yates, for transport to Haiti. I thought it may look nice in the "babies" ward of the hospital.
I also finished up "Wish Upon a Stars" quilt. This was the guild BOM from last year. I did the last little bit of machine quilting
and then I squared up the quilt and put the binding on. I have the label in the computer, but haven't printed it off yet. I'm holding it until I need to make another one. This label is going to be small, not full page, so I need to get my money's worth and not waste the fabric.
Another one for the pile. I put all the threads I will need in a ziploc storage container and I'll put my needles in as soon as I can find them. I don't know where I've put them. The scissors have to go in too. I should put a list on the top, so I don't forget anything.
This was simply quilted. I'm not that great at it, but I am getting better. If you would like the patterns for this BOM they are available on the Guild website.