Thursday, July 8, 2010

Books..........................

I was on the Barnes and Noble website a few weeks ago looking for a book.  While there I found this book and it is beautiful.  It was $5.99 USD.  I don't normally buy books unless they give me a peek inside, but for
$6.00, what could I loose.  I thought if I didn't like it, I could donate it to the Guild library.  This book is going in my library.






There is so much packed into these pages with everything in full glossy colour.  Templates for paper piecing, templates for applique and there is one...............oh, take a look at this.

I could do this stained glass.  One block or many.  It would be up to oneself what they did.

This is a favourite page.  I love embroidery with my quilting.  This basket could be paper pieced -- one of my favourite methods (until I have to take the paper out) and the quilt itself is so feminine.  Perfect for the little (or big) princess in your life.














Where do you get your inspiration from?  Funny, I just talked about that last week. This book addresses this too.  They give you even more places to look..........or a least to think about.

You never know where you will find it.

This is definitely on my list of applique.  I love this.  There is so much you could do with this block
Not only a little embroidery for the filaments and the anthers, but look how many  french knots you could put right in the centre.  The leaves could have the midribs and the veins emphasized.  The possibilites are endless.

At the back of the book are the most wonderful ideas for borders.




I can't say as I would ever do them, but heck you never know.  A small pillow or wallhanging..........possibly.............probability.................don't think so.............not right now anyway.  When I'm retired!

Oh, the book I really wanted..............its shipped, it just hasn't arrived yet.



Search This Blog