Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another swap!

Someone on the quilt forum said "Lets have a pincushion swap". and a bunch of us have signed up.  We will exchange names and you make a pincushion for that one person.

This is now my third swap I've signed up for in as many weeks.  I found a pretty little pincushion to make.  You use a tea cup as your template.  I hope mines turns out as well.  I'll give it a try today.  First there was the 3rd Annual Christmas swap and then there was a thimble swap...............oh, I forgot to tell you about that one.

11 Girls signed up and we had to make 11 thimbles and send them in to the co-ordinator.  They were simple to do.  I tried to replicate one I have in my collection.  Its dark, dark blue ceramic.  Something a bit different from most of them.  It is a souvenier of one our trips to Myrtle Beach.

Most of my thimbles are those silvery looking ones.  I have a few ceramics and two wooden ones. I don't use them.  They just sit around on my shelf.

These are what I'm exchanging.  I had this beautiful piece of fabric that looked Asian to me and I never knew what to do with it.  I fussy cut the 11 thimbles from it and these are four of them.


I must give recognition to Fat Cat Patterns for the template.  They are doing a swap on their website too.  I opted to make my own background for my thimbles.  This is the design I came up with one night while I played on EQ6 (no 7 isn't installed yet)

The thimbles will go on the light green.  I have most of the fabrics.................the greens, but not sure about the light.  I'll have to take a check and see what's in storage.
Now to get those thimbles in an envelope and on their way.  I'll post again when I have mine. I always take longer to receive things than the other girls.  
I live north of that invisible line called the 49th parallel and that stops everything in its tracks.

The first swap this summer was our "Christmas in July".  I received my parcel yesterday in the mail and this is what I found when I opened the envelope.  I have no plans for the fabrics at the moment.  I have thought about it.  That's it, just thought about it.










Til tomorrow............






























   

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF