Saturday, June 5, 2010

TGIS

I know usually we say Friday, but Saturday is the day I generally do nothing. I don't do much the rest of week lately either except run here and run there. Yesterday's blog was about our trip to St. Jacobs and today I thought I would share with you what I bought.


I saw a pillow at a booth and decided I wanted to make it.  They also had these fabulous fat quarters, so I bought the book and the fats. 
When I got the book home, I took some time to take a good look at it.  W-e-l-l, there is some nice stuff in it.  I love the quilt on the cover.  Its called snapshots and I think instead of fabric I would actually do photos. I'm thinking something along the lines of some floral pictures I've been taking lately, make it smaller and use it as a wallhanging.  It would be nice to have the summer flowers "blooming" on the wall during the winter months.

I like this quilt too.  I think it would make a great scrap quilt using up those large pieces of fabric.  You could use anything and everything in this one.

This is the pillow that I liked.  It is a bit different and you could make it any size you wanted to with a bit of adjusting.  Good gift idea too.
These are on the back cover.  I like them!  All of them!  I'm a bag junkie.  Never have enough.  I just need the money to put in them..................I know if I didn't buy fabric, I would, but hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
This is the bag I made on Friday afternoon. Not quite the pattern, but close.

These fabrics are left over from my jacket.  I'm hoping in the next little while to make a new wallet.  I've had the pattern for awhile and should get it made before my left-over fabric goes into something else. 
A foot note to happenings this past week.  My daughter had her surgery and is doing quite well.   Very tired, but that is to be expected.  She thinks she will only need 2 weeks off work.  Yes she will and more.  We hope to find out more on the 11th of June.  Thank you for your kind thoughts.  It was a rough week to get through, but get through it we did.

Search This Blog