Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was yesterday.  I certainly hope today is better.  I traced all the trees, all the trunks.  Cut them out -- all of them................................did you read how many times I wrote the word "ALL".

If I could count past my fingers I would do okay.  ALL, my foot!  Look at this....................................................
There are 6 blocks.  Each block is cut 18 1/2" x 10 1/2".  There are three on the top and three on the bottom.  Each block has 5 trees in it.  That I could count.













  Trees 1 and 4 are the same, tree 2 is a loner, and trees 3 and 5 are the same. 
Get out the calculator and add'em up!  Maybe that's where I went wrong.  I used my head!!!!!
I sort of followed Sindy' guideline of making the trees lights, darks and mediums.  (It doesn't show in the photo, unfortunately).
 I will have to re-cut 2 more of each one.  I think!  I will also have to cut more trunks of course.  I did place the blocks I had trees for and here is how my lay-out worked out.


I found 5 different "golds" for the stars.  I'm not too worried about them as they will be affixed last.  I'll start the trunks and then the trees.  The trees I'm starting to blanket stitch at the top as any boo-boo's won't show.

That's it for today.  Nothing spectacular.
See you all tomorrow

Search This Blog