Monday, June 21, 2010

First day of summer

It's here!  It's official!  It's summer!

A perfect summer day for me is 75* with a breeze off the lake.  A crystal clear blue sky with white puffy clouds.


A plate of watermelon on a table close by with a good book in my hands. 

A bottle of ice cold water to quench my thirst and the birds chirping in the trees nearby.
Letting my thoughts wander off occasionally to what I could, should, would be doing if I wasn't doing what I was doing now.
perhaps plans for an upcoming trip
maybe how I would put that new quilt together
doing that last little bit of embroidery work
chatting to my husband while we do nothing but sit
taking photographs of favourite things






it could be our evening visitor to the bird feeder
or
 a new baby bird
hanging the washing on the line and bringing in the fresh summer scent
a bar-be-que on the patio
hamburgers and fresh garden salad
with ice cream and local strawberries for dessert

taking off for places we haven't been before...............or places we have been before and love so much we have to go back and see them again.

Summer..................my other favourite season

I hope your summer will be fabulous


Search This Blog