Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bronze Wombat

A couple of years ago I was searching for a pattern.  I typed into google, folded fabric star, and look what I found........................a blog!

It is called Bronze Wombat and it is here.  I knew right away it was from Australia.  The wombat kind of gave it away.  I read the site whenever Jennifer posts something new.  It is a great way to learn about another country and welcome someone new into your life.

I have my own wombat. (I didn't know what it was at first.) I rather like her.  She isn't bronze, she is wood.  A little button sent to me by my friend Susan, who also lives in Australia............Melbourne to be exact.  We exchange little gifts every once in awhile.  I try to send her something Canadian and she sends me Australian.  I must confess I had to ask my Australian/Canadian friend Susan what kind of animal it was. 

I didn't know what to do with Wilhelmina Wombat so I made her into a bookmark.  It is a simple little thing to do.  Take some jewellery elastic, put it through the two holes you would normally stitch through and then tie the two ends securely.  This wasn't my idea, I can't take credit for it.  I read about it somewhere on the internet.  The jewellery elastic has move give than other elastics and it does go around a lot of pages.   It is a perfect little gift for a friend that reads a lot or a stocking stuffer at Christmas time.
Want a good book to read?  This is Danielle Steele's .... One Day at a Time.

Check out Jennifer's blog.  Its a good read.

I thought we were off to Lake Erie for a few days, but life has a way of changing things.  We'll be around for awhile yet.  Our daughter is seeing her new doctors at Credit Valley this week and next and it looks like she will be having chemo.  Maybe we won't be going as far as we thought this summer.  We'll just take it one day at a time.

And no, I have never made the folded fabric star.  Yes, I am going to do it.  I'm going onto Hancocks and buying the fabric and giving at least one away for Christmas this year to a very special friend.

Search This Blog