Monday, May 3, 2010

Y--e--s--s--s--s!

It was suppose to rain yesterday.  Well, it did.........................sort of!  A bit of a sprinkle now and then and that was all.  It turned out to be a beautiful day with sunny skies and warm temps. 

I thought seeing as it was going to rain, I would sew all day and get one project out of the way.  Beach Party.  The top is done!  The quilt is claimed.  One Christmas gift down.............a whole bunch to go.

I have already decided to use a bright yellow for the binding and hopefully will find something I like for the backing.  That has been designed in my mind, now I have to put pencil to paper.
I think I would like a Moda marbles parchment for the backing.  It looks a bit like sand.
On top of that I'm going to fuse a giant pair of flip-flops.  I'll use grandpa's slippers for the template.

My granddaughter has tiny little feet like her mother.  I remember the first pair of flip-flops she had were miles too big, but boy could she run in them.  The flip flops are going to be orange ---- something like this.


Now to find that fabric!
As you all know I usually write the blog a day ahead of time.  This is an "add-on".  I found the backing fabric!  I can't afford it right now, so I'll hold off ordering it for another month.  It is from a line by Sandy Gervais for Moda called Frolic.  I had already purchased some of it for a jacket I'm making at a workshop this month.  The green is perfect
and won't those orange flip-flops just jump off this colour!  I wonder when its all done which side will be up on the bed.  Oh-ho.  I went back into Hancocks and saw this one.  I think this is better actually.  It has a few more colours from the front in it.  I do have to make up my mind and soon. 


Now let me introduce to you a new long distance friend.  Her name is Abby and she lives in a wonderful home in Illinois.  This little girl has no idea how lucky she is.

Search This Blog