Thursday, May 20, 2010

Working away



Yesterday was great. It was stitch and chat day at my house.  Charleen worked on her jacket that she is doing for the workshop.....

while Barb continued on with her project and then I got started on Flakey Friends from Angie's Bits and Pieces.

I have loved this pattern for a long time and have wanted to make it, but it was always "I'll get to it" because something else came along that required 'immediate attention'.






I actually got two blocks nearly completed. I "missed looked at" the top block in this picture so will have to go back downstairs and finish it up.  Dumb, daft move on my part.


I'm doing the blocks in random order.  Whatever one I want to work on I work on it.  I did the snow pail first and thought I would do these snowmen next.  Look good don't they? 
Well, I goofed.


See the top block.  I thought when I got all the snowmen put together it would be done.   WRONG!!  There is more to do.  I have to cut 2 red strips and then do all those little leaves.  I thought
-- well, no I didn't think --
that was a different block all together.  It won't be hard to do, it just ticks me off I didn't look closely enough at it.
Ah well, Saturday is another day.  Today is busy, busy what with groceries, the spa, Sewing Machines, etc., and Guild.  Friday we are off to Threadworks in Elora/Fergus......I have no idea which town, so we are going to both.

I've added some photos to the bottom of this posting.  This is what happens when you try to take pictures without people knowing.
First of all they turn their backs on you and then
one of them steps in front of the other

and then when you give them heck for not behaving they crack up

Yes, we definitely had a very good day.  Solved the world's problems, our problems and problems that didn't even exist.
Oh, I guess I should explain that this pattern I'm doing is not a "freebie" on Angie's.  You have to be a member.  But if you are a member, you can download a ton of stuff for a yearly fee. 

Search This Blog