Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Row 5..............Christmas Row by Row

This row is cute.  I thought they were santas, but they are gnomes.
Cute little devils, but I said that didn't I?

This is a pretty easy row.  I did the tracing quite quickly and then sat and cut them out in one evening, putting all the shoes in one bag, the trims in another, (which is the same fabric as the snowmen in row 1) the beards (I made out of flannel) in another, and so on and so forth.
When it came time to cut out the "body", I found it easier to go to the cutting mat and use the rotary cutter.

I laid the ruler on the line and trimmed away the excess.  Once that was done, it was a simple matter of rounding off the top





I used four different fabrics repeating them twice.  Eight in all.  I'm not going to get back to this row until tomorrow, but this afternoon I laid out one little gnome.

I think his eyes are too big.  I'm thinking of laying a tiny button on and see if I like that better.  His eyes seem to dominate and I just don't like that.  Its personal preference of course.  I could just trim back the black, but I'll see how I do with different size buttons first.
I'll get the row up by week's end for you all to see.


Search This Blog