Friday, May 14, 2010

A new jacket


I'm off tomorrow to make a new jacket at our guild workshop.  I picked my fabrics from the  Hancock's catalogue and I really like them. They are by Sandy Gervais.  If you want you can click on this one too.  Or perhaps, you would like to pop her blog into your favourites.

Anyway, here is what I chose.  I didn't want to have to spend time in a store, buying 8 fabrics for a jacket.  It is too tempting to keep changing your mind.  I went with one line.........................ta-da, here they are.
The diamond design will be up by my face and the chocolate brown (which I love) will be down at the bottom. I'm hoping it won't show the dirt as much. It will also be the binding on the sleeves and around the entire jacket.


That big floral is the lining. When the jacket is done it will be totally reversible.

This is the back of the jacket

and this is the front. 
and it just so happens that this is Janet, the gal that is going to teach us how to make it.



























Many years ago, I made jackets for my 3 grands and put Thermore inside. I'm going to try it with this jacket.  I'll let you know how I make out.
 It is made by Hobbs and comes in one size only...............queen and always in that grey poly bag.  My grands loved those jackets and they got handed down from one to the other.  The youngest now wants to make her own.  We are going for the pattern and fabric, next week-end.  That's another column for another day.

Search This Blog