Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oh my gosh!!!!!

Seven of us went out to Sewing Machines, etc., on Friday and had a workshop on machine applique.  WOW!  It was fantastic.  I'm so glad I went.  I learned so much. 
Elsa was our teacher and Charleen and I had decided we would be making a tic-tac-toe board game. It was that or a linen table runner.  I thought I could pass mine on to my grands for when they go camping.  Its small and portable. 
We learned how to use the different threads from Sulky to Blendables to Variegated to Invisible. 
The class focused on all the different ways you could machine applique.
Did you know you could do raw edge, reverse or 3D applique on your machine?  I didn't either.What stitches do you use?  Well, there is blind stitch, applique stitch, buttonhole, decorative........................the list goes on and on.  We used fusible web.........a new product to me, called Trans-web.  Do I like this stuff!!!!  It leaves no residue on your needle. 
I want you to think for a moment.  If fusible web leaves residue on your needle, what is it doing to the inside of your sewing machine?  I think I'm switching brands.

How about making cording on your machine?  We know how.  Its fun.  I have to practice doing it.  So much better than the way I used to do it.
If you ever get the opportunity to take a machine applique class  -- do it!  You will learn things you didn't know.
Our class was held at Sewing Machines, etc., in Burlington on Fairview Street.  I'll feature them next week as one of the stores you should have on your list to visit.

Search This Blog