Friday, April 16, 2010

More fabric................

If anyone mentions South Sea fabrics, I instantly think of Debbie Mumm.  She has been one of their designers for years.  I use to purchase a lot of her lines, but my tastes changed and I don't gravitate towards her fabric anymore.  Perhaps I should check it out the next time I'm in a quilt shop.  This is a new collection from S.S.I. by Tara Read.  Love it!  Wonder where I can find it.
It reminds me of our days vacationing in Myrtle Beach!  Yes, I may have been older but by George I made sand castles!

The next one is Studio E.  I'm not too impressed by their website, but they do offer free patterns.  The site has no new lines featured and that rather intrigues me.  Ah well.  That's the way it goes sometimes.

Free Spirit.  Look at these lines........wow!  Oh, I like this..................

http://freespiritfabric.com/core-pages/gallery.php?gal_id=285
Not only the line of fabric, but a free pattern too.  Lots and lots of patterns on this site.  Lots and lots of fabric too.














Marcus Brothers.  This company is long known for its Aunt Grace line of fabric and their civil war reproductions.  You will have to click on Make it with Marcus to find their free patterns. They have a "quilt gallery" which is nice to look through.  I got an idea or two browsing through it yesterday.





Michael Miller Fabrics.  Not named after one person, but two!  Michael is the guy and Miller is the gal.  Nope not related, just two people.  This is one of their free pattern downloads.  You wouldn't have to do the poppy border -- quite honestly I wouldn't!  I think it is distracting.  I do love that poppy though



    Quilting Treasures                                                Oh my gosh, look what I found on their website.  This was my favourite book when I was little.  I know one of my kids inherited it.  I wish I still had it.  It was read so many times, it started to fray around the edges.  I think my Mother knew it by heart.  I know I did.  Oh, look......I wonder what local store carries this
The book was first published in 1942...............its older than I am.

More next week! 

Make sure you check back on Monday.  Mark it on your calendar.  We had the most incredible eye candy at Guild last night and I took pictures.........lots and lots of pictures.  And I have permission to show them on here. That's all I'm saying. 

Search This Blog