Monday, April 26, 2010

Its Monday!

I decided yesterday the only way I would get my sewing done was to turn off the computer and sit at the machine and sew, sew, sew.  I did both.

I finished the quilt!  I have had a hard time getting this particular quilt done.  It wasn't difficult, but the fabrics were not, shall we say, my cup of tea.  I'm not the biggest fan of blue.  Its great for water and skies, but blue -- well, not my choice.

I dropped two borders from it.  When I started to cut the swag I discovered it was going to be an 8 1/2" cut!  The quilt was suppose to look like this........
If I had left the other two inner borders it would have added another 4" to each side.  I was thinking the cost of the edge to edge quilting and opted to drop them.  The quilt when its finished will have the dark blue for the binding. 
I hope they like it.  They (as in son and daughter-in-law) will get the top for their 20th anniversary on June 23rd, a pillowcase each for their birthdays (both in December and both very very close to Christmas) and the completed quilt for Christmas. 

Now to start my next quilt.........................beach party!

Search This Blog