Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beach Party

Well, I started it!  I bought a set of fat eighths awhile ago for a project, but never got started.  The 1/8's were bought on line from Connecting Threads.  There are rather bright and cheerful and perfect for summer. 

I bought a magazine and a simple easy quilt was featured called Beach Party.  I loaned the magazine to Susan as she wanted to make a quilt for her girlfriend in Australia, who has a summer home on Moffat Beach.  When I saw what she had done, I decided these fabrics were perfect. 

It is strips of fabric offset by white sashing.  I told you simple and easy.  I cut my fat 1/8's into 4 and then set about arranging them on my flannel wall. When I found that to be a pain, I loaded up EQ and did it on there.  It is so much easier to change the fabrics around when you find two prints but different colourways beside each other.

When I was going to start sewing each row together, I got out my camera and started to photograph the row so I wouldn't mess up the order.

This is row one.  I found the background (a quilt on our bed)very distracting.  The next two rows I laid on the floor and it was easier to follow.




This will more or less be the final quilt.  I have no idea where it will end up.  I'm thinking a granddaughter at this stage of the game.

I'll keep you posted.  Now I'm off to re-do the lesson I learned at our workshop on Friday.  I'm pretty much done.  A few more blocks to go. 
 I'm already planning on the next workshop  Cheating Crazy Patchwork.  Hopefully we will be able to do it in late October/early November.

Search This Blog