Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bet you thought I forgot about the blog today, didn't you?  Not my fault!  I've had no internet service since yesterday about 2:30 in the afternoon.  Therefore, its my server that needs to apologize to y'all.

I have felt like a duck out of water without it.  This is my lifeline.............isn't that awful.  Well, now we are back up and running I'll make this a quick column as I'm also playing nurse these days.  A job I'm not familiar with.............thank the good Lord the wound has a band-aid over it.  I can deal with the rest.

I just want to take some time today and thank those that made our workshop on Saturday, March 27th such a success.  To the ladies that came out and did the sewing,  thank you, thank you, thank you.  You worked like little demons.

To the Oakville Museum and Bill Nesbitt the supervisor, no words can express our gratitude for allowing the use of the rooms.  Thank you Bill.




To Carolyn Cross, the Museum curator, for doing those little things for us that made us feel special.  Thank you.













To Susan Semeczko, the assistant curator at the Museum, for once again opening the doors for all of us to spend a fantastic day in a wonderful atmosphere




To Michael Brown, for drawing the names for the door prizes.  We do enjoy your humour!!!









To Oakville Blueprinting and Katie, for our materials lists run off in full colour.  Thank you.

To the following for donating door prizes: 
The Quilter's Garden Patch, in Bronte.  The beautiful little quilt shop by the lake.
Sewing Machines, etcetera in Burlington.............that's where we go to get our sewing machines serviced.
Quilters Connection magazine, a Canadian publication
Fortinos, my grocery store
A Buck or Two, located at Upper Middle Road here in Town.

To the ladies who donated the gifts for the participants.  I thank you!

To Kim for the most delicious lemon blueberry scones and our lunch.....................I can still taste those little sandwiches and those desserts..................yummy doesn't cover it.  I hope you are enjoying your very well deserved holiday.

 Tomorrow I hope to get back to normal on here.  In the meantime, have a great day.  We have the most glorious sunshine here.  I must get back to the laundry.................I can hang it on the line today!

Search This Blog