Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting things done

I belong to a quilting forum.......Coming Together to Quilt.

We gab a lot and we challenge each other to do things and we are good friends although we have never met each other.  Last year our fearless leader, Bearfoot, thought up a plan for us to finish up all those UFO projects that seem to fill our sewing rooms.  We played "BINGO"!  You had to find five projects that were stashed away and that you wanted to complete. Take a picture, post it on the forum, and when it was done, you posted your photo to show everyone.  The first project completed, earned you a "B", then number two project earned you an "I".......until you reached the "O".  We had from January to June to do them.  This inspired all of us to not only get our own projects done, but to encourage the others to do their work too.  It was a lot of fun and I did accomplish a lot.

This year, we have started again.  I have more than 5 projects, but I selected these as a start.  Yes, it is only 4, but I forgot about the baby quilt hanging on the flannel wall.  I have completed one so I have earned a "B".





Two of these quilts are to be donated to a charitable organization here in our Town.  They really only needed the binding and label hand sewn, but if I leave it with just that little bit to do, it could sit for awhile.  The other one was something I drafted up on EQ after seeing it somewhere.  I just wanted to see what it looked like.  My DH has scoffed it and its on the end table where he sits.  It saves the furniture from scratches.  I made us a set of coasters to go with it, so now all that fabric is gone.
We also have a Christmas Club.  The idea for that is to get a load of work done before the rush of the Christmas season hits.  You do a project a month -- your choice -- and post a photo of it when its complete.  It must be posted on or before the 25th of each month or you get put on the "naughty" list.  I have my January duties complete for that.  I made criss-cross coasters.  The easiest thing I have ever done.  These particular sets are 4 coasters.  They are for the girls in our doc's office.


You can find directions for these coasters at the following:


Search This Blog