This is another top that was partially sewn together for a sample for the Straight to the Point workshop held in October. I decided the other day to finish sewing on the borders and then to make a backing. I had a lot of strips cut from fat quarters that weren't going to be used for anything else. I designed a really nice backing on EQ6, but when I cut the fabrics, well, I goofed! I didn't cut it properly. Grrrrrrrrr!
I had to re-think and I did. I re-designed as I went along. I'm not that disappointed with the backing. It will be bright and colourful and I'm sure that some little child won't really care what it looks like.The rest of the fabric that is left over I'm going to cut and use for the binding. I just went on Connecting Threads and downloaded their label that matches the fabric.
I hope to be finished quilting it by the week-end. Then come January it will be another quilt to bind in the evening. I love doing bindings in the evenings as the quilt lies over your legs and helps to keep you warm on cold nights. Keeps your fingers out of the candy dish too.
Well, now to the kitchen. At least the shopping and the gift wrapping are all done.