Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Friday


On the quilting forum I belong to "Coming Together to Quilt", we have a posting called "next line please".  Someone starts the first line/verse of a Christmas song or carol and everyone keeps adding what the next line is.  This morning, my mind not being awake yet, I googled "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and found this:

The song was first published in 1833 and it is believe that this particular song was sung to the gentry of the Town by the night watchmen to earn additional money during the Christmas season.  It is reputed to be one of the oldest Christmas carols.

It always amazes me how things get started. 

I hope to continue on this afternoon with another baby quilt.  If I could get it sandwiched today, I would start the machine quilting tomorrow.  Although tomorrow I have a party to go to.  Our quilting forum had a Secret Santa swap and on Saturday we will all gather in the Chat Room and open up our parcels and then post pictures for everyone to see.  We have a great time trying to keep up.  One girl is bringing caramel corn (homemade) and I really haven't decided yet...................I must get my thinking cap on.

Well, I'm off.  I have places to go and things to do.

Search This Blog