Thursday, December 10, 2009

Its done


It took an entire two days of sewing but the borders are on my "A Tisket A Tasket".  This was a free pattern I found on line at Bunny Hill Designs.  I have ordered a backing and will get that done as soon as it arrives.  I found the perfect fabric on Connecting Threads in a yellow tone that is called Basketweave.  As soon as my quilt that is at my LA's now is ready in January, I will drop this one off. 
I had a great suggestion from my friend Susan about quilts being dropped off at LA's.  She puts a piece of tape on the quilt and the backing that reads "TOP" so the LA knows exactly which way to put it in the machine.  I'm going to use that idea from now on.  Thank you Susan.
It is snowing here this morning.  I have a sewing room to tidy so I won't be doing the Christmas shopping like I had planned to do.  I do hope to get off to the hairdressers later today.  We are meeting friends for dinner tomorrow night and then next week I have another Christmas party to go to.   It would be nice to look spiffy for the occasions. My friends would be quite shocked if I walked in looking too good.  Most of the time they only see me in jeans.
Well, I must be off for today.  I have lots to do and playing on the computer really isn't one of them, although it is the most fun.  

Search This Blog