Saturday, December 19, 2009

Charity begins at home....................

I saw this great pattern on the internet after a friend gave me the link.  It is from a site called:  http://quiltwoman.com/
It is called Straight to the Point.  I ordered the pattern and then Susan, Charleen and I sat down and made a top.  I hated it!  I didn't like the way mine turned out at all.  Sooooooooooo, I thought about it for awhile and then gave it another go.  This time I liked it!  I really, really liked it.  This technique was so different, I thought the Guild members would like to learn it.  I emailed the designer and asked if I could teach it.  She said yes.  One stipulation, you had to order the pattern.  That was fine with me as this is a "copyright" piece of work.  We fine tuned and got several quilt tops made.  The only problem was the original size was way too big for the space we have to hold workshops in.  We figured that a 3" square would be "do-able". Thats what we went with.
As the finished size is only about 36" square I asked the ladies who signed up for the class if they would be willing to donate their quilts to a local organization.  Yes, was the answer. 

The first six quilts were dropped at the house and on December 4th Charleen and I took them up to the organization so that they could distribute them to families in need.  The girls not only did an outstanding job on the front but the backs of the quilts are bright and cheerful.



The girls asked when the quilts were to be done by. (Several ladies still had a lot of Christmas sewing to do.)  I told them February as that is when we hope to deliver more quilts.  This last photo is of the backs of those quilts that have already been handed in. 

Thanks to everyone who so kindly donated their quilts.  There are a lot of little babies going to bed this winter under a warm cozy quilt.

Search This Blog