Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Left over fabric......

 means a new little pillow to go with my new quilt.  I had a printed piece left-over, so I added some orange to each side.

What to put on the back was a mystery?  I dug through my "stash" box and found some white but it's 'good stuff' and I didn't want to waste it.  There was a piece of fabric I've had for ages just bolted up, no plans and whatever would I do with it.
May as well use it.  I trimmed it up and on the frame it went.  I dug out a small piece of batting and loaded it up.  I want to use up some threads -- single spools that won't go far on anything big.  This was the perfect project.
The variegated King Tut is 997 and the solid is 1015.  The solid went on the back.
Two passes with the machine and it was done.
I like zippers in pillows.  I had a brown zipper so I used that.
I zigzagged the piece all the way around.  I folded in each end 1/2" and then put the zipper in.
To finish it up
I laid the pillow covering -- right sides facing - and measured in 5" from one end
then I sewed the seams on each side (sorry, no photos of the process).  This leaves the zipper to one side instead of making it down the middle.
The pillow is 12" x 16" so I figured 5" was okay.  It's all guesswork on my part.
I had the whole thing done in less than 2 hours.  Pillows are easy to do.
A quick project for a Saturday afternoon.
Less fabric in the stash now.















Search This Blog