Wednesday, May 5, 2021

You design a quilt.........

 

and then discover the store doesn't have enough of one fabric.  So you cut the blocks back a bit and still realize you won't have enough.
Back to the stash and discover a huge piece of black fabric and you are saved!
Three fabrics make a Buffalo Plaid quilt.  It just doesn't get any easier.
This is for a front line worker, that wears brown uniforms and drives a brown truck with yellow letters on the side.  He delivers all my parcels to my door.  He delivers to our stores, to our hospital and has done for many years.  But this past year has been awfully different for truck drivers, delivery personnel.  
Here it is.
I cut the blocks 5 1/4" to finish at 4 3/4" and I would have it wide enough to fit the width of the fabric.  
But my math skills failed me.  I had to make an insert.  Should I take the left over squares and sew them together.  Should I take the black and white that was left over?  Then of course, there was that pantograph decision, which was made 4 times.  I knew the thread so no thinking there.
It was put on the frame before lunch one Friday and finished that night.
I opted for this insert...............
Geometrics is the pantograph and the thread is Superior, OMNI-V 9025
The card fits the recipient
The company he always delivers from is his gift bag.......
and this is one of the reasons why..........a parcel left on the bench at the door with a message on it.  




Search This Blog