Sunday, November 29, 2020

Mountain High

 

from Willow Leaf studio was chosen as the pantograph for this quilt.

I used two different threads.  Both OMNI-V because they are the same weight and I wouldn't have to fool with my tension.  I have never done this before but you have to try things.  I will be doing it again.  The 9065 was for the top and and 9136 was the bobbin.

I had purchased more of one fabric than the other because I was finishing up the bolts.  I actually wanted this fabric as the front/top of the quilt, but had to load it as the backing.  
I didn't take photos as I went along because I can't post them on Instagram.  This is for our grandson who recently purchased a truck and he needs an emergency kit inside.  Christmas is not that far away.
The design does not show up on the quilt.  Flannel just sucks the thread  right in and the thread was perfection.  It is really hard to find the design but in one spot it did show up.
    
The fabric is beautiful and soft and I can attest to the fact it is really cozy.  For flannel quilts I cut my binding 1/8" wider because I find with the thickness of the flannel it needs it to turn it over to the back.  All five strips were cut 2 5/8" and it worked out great.
   There are other car related gifts to go along with this quilt, so we will but a tote to store everything in and he can keep things together in it.
I took the last little strip of fabric I had to hold the quilt while it was rolled.  I used Velcro on it so it's easy to untie
I couldn't think of a better place to post this than here.  Our son was out in British Columbia on business.  On his way home he snapped this photo of our beautiful Canadian Rockies.















Search This Blog