Friday, August 7, 2020

Nuts!!

It's the summer of getting rid of fabric.  We have made a couple of big purchases -- yes, I will show you when they get here -- so fabric is way down the list of necessities.  My choice.
This is part of a fat quarter stack I bought years ago when I was at the Oakville Guild.  I have made two things up, a quilt (I love) and a wallhanging for above Karl's dresser.  The rest has to be used.
I put it up on the wall, very carefully.
 I took it off the wall very carefully and sewed it row by row.
or so I thought.  I took out two blocks, placed them where they should have been and got on with it.
I loaded it up and away I went.  First row perfect, third row I hit the bumper bar.  Restart.  Ran out of thread.  Third to last row, marked the roll up in the wrong place and hit the bumper bar!!  I did get it finished.  This piece of fabric chose the pantograph
Bird Bath with King Tut thread 945 
All done
I've decided to call this 
"A Little Bird Told Me"





Search This Blog