Thursday, June 4, 2020

I really love this fabric

and it was time for it to be featured in a quilt.
I was using the same pattern as the last one until
I goofed the cutting.............twice!
 Instead of cutting the strip 9 1/2", twice I cut strips 8 1/2", so some adjusting had to be done.  The quilt still worked out, but it's a bit smaller.
I wanted to use a pantograph that looked like the animals were scurrying around in the snow and after the birds took flight were flying around looking for food.
I ended up using "Unwind" by Megan Haun for Urban Elementz
and White Linen King Tut thread.
I stitched it out in the morning and put the binding on in the afternoon.  An evening of sitting on the deck and it was done.
 After I looked at this last photo, I figured out why I love this fabric so much.  Every bird, every animal on it has visited our backyard at one time or another.  They are all welcome, no one is turned away.  We build fences to keep them out of the vegetable garden.  We are softies.









Search This Blog