Saturday, February 22, 2020

1700

but who is counting.
That is how many blog posts I have written since I started way back on December 8th 2009.  I've talked about backings.....that don't have to be boring.
https://quilton.blogspot.com/2009/12/boring-backings-bah-humbug.html
Ten years ago, Haiti was hit by an earthquake.  Charleen and I were doing workshops and our minds started working overtime.  My family doctor was closely associated with Grace Children's Hospital that was badly damaged in the quake so we offered to make quilts for them.  The rest as they say.....
https://quilton.blogspot.com/2010/03/quilts-for-haiti.html
I shared tips I have learned over the years.  Somethings I've taught myself, other things people have taught me.
I shared with you the quilt drives we did over the years for Slave Lake, Fort McMurray, High River
I stopped doing them after Fort McMurray,  I decided that from then on, we would donate locally to Ronald McDonald House in their name.  That is what we did when the bus accident happened outside of Humboldt.  17 pillowcases for the children at MacKids.  
This actually started out as a way for me to keep track over the years of what I had accomplished in my "quilting" life.  I have posted recipes, family holidays and trips to quilt shows.  It took on a life of it's own.  It has shown me how much my quilting has changed and how much it has stayed the same.  
How much longer will I do this?
No idea.  As long as I can stand and quilt or see to thread the eye of a needle.  
Thank you for travelling with me on my journey.  I have enjoyed every minute of it, even the days the seam ripper and I became extremely well acquainted.

Search This Blog