Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I swear it multiplies on the shelf

I bought "some" of Northcott's line You Had me at Meow.  I swear this fabric has gained yardage just as it sat on the shelf.  I keep finding more and more of it.  I have lost count of how many quilts I have made.  I think this could be the last one and by golly I searched for pieces to finish this up.
I designed it in EQ except for the borders.  I couldn't figure out how to do that on the programme
When I had all the fabric cut I was short the "mice" fabric, so I grabbed a cat one and plunked it in.  I didn't like it so I dumped a box of fabric on the floor
and it was just what I wanted
I added the borders that I really wanted.  It was something I had seen somewhere and I had to give it a go.  It is different and I like different.
 I took a long time mulling over the pantograph.  I opted for Ginger Hearts because the green fabric has hearts on it.  The thread choice was easy.  King Tut Linen.  The pantograph is now available at Urban Elementz.  Of course, I bought my thread at Cottonmill Threadworks.
Once I take a quilt off the long arm, I want it to rest for a bit and then trim and get the binding on.  It was a Sunday morning that I put this through and Sunday night is family night for tv.  It always has been.  It's a great time to sit and bind a quilt.
One evening of two television shows and it was done.  I'm starting a new pile this week and as long as the knees behave I will get them done.
Our beautiful backyard tree dropped a lot of leaves in a wind/rain storm and they made the perfect backdrop for the quilt
 Front:
If you can't find a pantograph for a baby quilt, Ginger Hearts fits the bill.  I don't do heavy quilting on baby quilts, because thread adds a lot of weight.  This was stitched out at nine inches.  Quick and fast as it only took four rows to complete it.
 Back is left overs from the front.  The green is gone!!
 and a label.  I may have to order more of these soon.  I'm working my way through them.
When I finished this quilt and snapped the photos it was fall.  And then the leaves fell and then......
Our first snowfall!!!


Search This Blog