Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas is coming!!

so I figured I may as well get started.  Northcott has a fabulous fabric out right now that is called Hometown Hockey.  It is pond hockey!  The best hockey next to street hockey!
I have two hockey fans in my family.  They learned that from guess who.  They have their team and it will always be their team.
I chose a new pantograph called Hockey Sticks from Urban Elementz.  There are other hockey themed pantographs out there, but this just seemed like the one to use. 
I snapped this photo from the back of the long arm because the pantograph really wasn't showing up on the front.  I used an OMNI-V thread 9023.  It really works well on grey/white fabrics.
I stitched out the front of the cover first and then the backing.  I chose a deep blue for the backing.
and I used Maple Syrup pantograph and navy blue OMNI for the thread.  I guess you've figured out the team they cheer for!!
I had to place them on the window table in the den.  It really was a miserable day weatherwise that I made this on.
 For a change I placed the zipper horizontally instead of vertically.  Our son crunches the pillow up underneath his arm and this way the zipper is almost buried into the sofa.  He has been sitting that way for years and no one will change him now.  There are two pillows.  One is for his oldest son.
 The Toronto Maple Leafs.......always cheered for them, always will.  I had my coupon for Michaels so we did a round trip of shopping and I picked one up.  I'll go back for the other one.
And then I was all done and they were in the Christmas tote!!





Search This Blog