Wednesday, October 23, 2019

I had great intentions

but the rotary cutter had other ideas.  The quilt on the left is the original idea.
I had so very little of the blue fabric with the dogs, I knew I had to cut carefully.  I messed up.  I honestly don't remember the first cut I did but it was wrong!  So back to the drawing table.....or EQ.  I had to salvage what I could so I recut the blue first to 7 1/2" x 7 1/2".  I couldn't get the nine patch to that size so I went back to an old favourite.  
The borders were going to give me grief, but ~~ I did it.
I made all the blocks.  I figured out the cutting of the "stripe" block on EQ because I didn't want to muck up anymore.  I placed it on the wall and very carefully took the first two rows to the sewing machine and strip pieced it.
It took awhile to get this done, but I managed to have it completed by about 3:00 in the afternoon.  I did take some stops along the way.  

There are a few choices for pantographs out there, but there isn't one that I like the puppies on.  Not one!!  There is one called Puppy Snacks on Urban Elementz but I opted for 
Champagne!  It looks like balls and what dog doesn't like to play with a ball.  Both our dogs loved their tennis balls.  The thread?  Well, that was fun.  This is a very odd coloured fabric but King Tut worked
and then it was all done.
Look out Buddy there are dogs on that quilt

 I added bits of the dog fabric to the border fabric for the binding.  I just stretched that woof/bone fabric a little bit








Search This Blog