Thursday, September 19, 2019

Today is the day


It's Karl's anniversary and it's a long story which I'm not getting into.  We are married, we think we are, we better be or we have been living in sin for 54 years!
I decided this was Karl's quilt.  I made him a wallhanging awhile ago for over his armoire and this is the left overs of all those fat quarters I bought so many years ago.
The log fabric reminded me of all the trees Karl cut down at the old house after we moved in.  We had 10 poplar trees crowded in at the end of the driveway along with 6 more in the front yard.  As much as Peter loved to climb them they had to go.  The pantograph is called Circle of Life and I found it at Urban Elementz.
I wasn't sure if I had enough King Tut thread, so I opted to do something I hadn't done before.  I use OMNI-V in the top and KT in the bobbin.
I finally had lift-off after what seemed like forever.  I guess because I hadn't done a lap quilt for awhile it just felt like that.  Mind you this is a pretty intensive pantograph
I added to the back!  These were left-overs and it extended the backing.  Otherwise I would have just made it and I don't like cutting it quite that tight
It rested for awhile.  I had to get off my knees
and then two days later!!

Yes, I even made a label.  Fold a square in half, write on it with permanent marker (I used my Pigma Pen) and sew it into the corner.  Rarely I do this, but it is a special occasion.  54 years and counting.




Search This Blog